Shades, Blinds, Drapery, Energy Saving Window Treatments. Green and energy saving blinds and shades are a hot topic. More and more homeowners when asking about shades blinds or drapery are requesting that they serve their need for ‘responsible design.’ Homeowners want more than just beauty from their window treatments, they want more of a reason for their product. It is all about how the purchase of shades make one feel. We all want to be happy with our acquisitions. Our clients want their window shades, window blinds, and draperies to serve a purpose in addition to being beautiful. They want to tell their friends:”not only is our Hunter Douglas Silhouette shades are beautiful, it protects our furniture, is made in the USA, is child safe, and offers privacy and view through in one product.” That is why more and more people are asking for window shades, blinds, drapery, and energy saving window treatments.
This trend has been termed ‘sustainable style’ by some, and is part of the desire to live “Green.” Some of the window treatments we offer these homeowners serve the following functions:
- Harvest natural light – Invites natural light into a space to reduce the need for artificial lighting
- Ultraviolet light protection – Protects furniture, carpets, flooring, and paintings from fading
- Safety and Privacy – One will not know whether someone is home or not
- Energy efficiency – Can reduce heat gain by 45% or insulate to prevent the 50% of energy that is lost through windows
- Products “Made in the USA” – Supporting our local economy
There are a few books that have come out about responsible design. For example: http://www.amazon.com/Environmentally-Responsible-Design-Sustainable-Designers/dp/0471761311
Our showroom in Red Bank New Jersey has many drapery and shade displays that can offer much more than ambiance.