At Window Treats serving Colts Neck, we know that, often, the hardest thing for our customers is narrowing down their options when it comes to window fashions. That’s why we’ve put together this blog—to help people focus on their needs so that they can be more prepared to find the right window treatment to match them. Read on to learn more!
Questions to Ask
Window coverings can be anything from hard wood to soft flowing drapery, with all kinds of benefits available from each. To determine what will work best for you, ask yourself some questions:
- What Are Your Window Treatment Goals? You might need more privacy, protection from damaging UV rays, better light control, or insulation at the window. Which is most important for you?
- What Type of Window Will You Treat? Windows come in all sizes, from standard to specialty shapes. Some window coverings work best for horizontal or patio or sliding doors. Specialty shapes work best with honeycomb shades, wood blinds, or shutters.
- Are You a Lifter or Tilter? It might sound silly, but it is really important when selecting window treatments. Blinds and shutters are considered tilters because, for the most part you are only adjusting for the amount of light entering the room. Shades are considered lifters because you don’t have the ability to rotate them open or closed. One great feature for a shade that adds more functionality is called top-down/bottom-up operation, which allows you to adjust light from the top or bottom or both.
- Do You Want to Add Warmth or a Pop of Color? Custom draperies and top treatments allow you bring your own personal style to a room. Available in thousands of fabrics, colors, textures, and opacities, draperies bring your decorating style to life. They can be used along or combined with blinds or shades.
Don’t forget the following:
- Do you want your new treatment to be functional or a fashion statement? If you want to just add softness or color to the room, consider stationary drapery panels.
- Do you need total blackout? Consider adding a blackout lining to a shade.
- Do you want to be able to see out? Look for sheer or semi-opaque fabrics.
- Do you have window coverings already? A simple valance or cornice would add interest to your room.
Find the Right Window Treatment in Monmouth Beach New Jersey Area
Window Treats, Inc. is service-oriented business specializing in custom shades, blinds and draperies. We serve residential & commercial customers throughout New Jersey & New York, including Allenhurst, Brooklyn, Cherry Hill, Colts Neck, Deal, Eatontown, Elberon, Englewood, Fair Haven, Freehold, Holmdel, Little Silver, Locust, Long Branch, Manalapan, Manhattan, Marlboro, Middletown, Monmouth Beach, Monroe, New Brunswick, Oakhurst, Ocean Township, Rumson, Spring Lake, Teaneck. Contact us for a consultation!