Now that winter is fully underway, many people are feeling a bit of a sting in their pocketbooks from their energy bills. The cold winter air makes us want to keep a cozy, warm house, but did you know that as much as 50% of a home’s heating costs can literally fly out the window? At Window Treats serving New Jersey and New York, we want our customers to save wherever they can. So read on to learn some tips for protecting your windows this winter!
Tips for Your Windows
Here are some steps you can take to prevent outside air from entering and inside air from escaping.
- Be sure to weather-strip your windows and doors and caulk basement and storm windows
- Keep the windows locked so you’re sure they’re shut as tightly as possible
- If it’s a sunny winter day, open your window treatments to let in the sun’s natural heat, and be sure to keep them closed at night so the heat doesn’t escape
Insulation at the Window
Window treatments can provide an excellent line of insulation, and Hunter Douglas offers many that superb at it. For example:
- Because of the shape of Hunter Douglas Duette® honeycomb shades, they are great at insulating windows, and Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades, with their honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design are the best. That said, other Hunter Douglas products are also good at insulating windows, including:
- Solera® Soft Shades combine a soft sculptured look with a unique cellular construction. The layered fabric does the job when it comes to insulating your room from the heat and cold.
- Sonnette™ Cellular Roller Shades combine the look of a roller shade with the energy efficiency of a cellular shade. Stylish and sleek, they will transform any room through their control of light. These beautiful rolling cells gently diffuse sunlight throughout the room while creating a sense of privacy.
- Duette® Vertiglide™ Honeycomb Shade is made with the well-known honeycomb-shaped Duette fabric, which offers unparalleled benefits: improved energy efficiency, security, and a beautiful sleek design. This incredible fabric provides extra insulation by keeping cold air out in the winter while allowing you to keep the heat from the sun from entering your home in the summer.
Improving Energy Efficiency in Monmouth Beach
Window Treats, Inc. is service-oriented business specializing in custom shades, blinds and draperies. We serve residential & commercial customers throughout New Jersey & New York, including Allenhurst, Brooklyn, Cherry Hill, Colts Neck, Deal, Eatontown, Elberon, Englewood, Fair Haven, Freehold, Holmdel, Little Silver, Locust, Long Branch, Manalapan, Manhattan, Marlboro, Middletown, Monmouth Beach, Monroe, New Brunswick, Oakhurst, Ocean Township, Rumson, Spring Lake, Teaneck. Contact us for a consultation!