Ideas for Room Makeovers
It can be overwhelming to design a room in your new home—or to redesign a room you’ve lived in for many years. People often turn to online sites like Pinterest or look through home magazines, but often, all of that can turn into a jumble of ideas that area hard to put into action. Having a solid plan in place for proceeding could be just the thing to get your redesign project going. And at Window Treats serving New York City, we’ll be happy to help you with the elements, particularly when it comes to window coverings.
Meanwhile, here are some steps to get started.
- Decide what the focal point of the room should be. You might choose the window, the fireplace, a group of pictures on the wall. Once you’ve decided the area you want the eye to travel to, you’ll have grounding to work from.
- Measure and map out your room on graph paper, using one square to equal one foot. Include where windows and doors are. Then measure the furniture that will go in the room, cut it from another sheet of graph paper, and place it in the graphed room. This is a great way to rearrange furniture without doing any back-breaking work!
- Decide if your window treatments will be neutral or colored. If they’re neutral, you can use color in different areas through the room—and can easily change it in a few years if you want an update. If your treatments are colored, remember that they will affect light coming through the windows.
4. Add some accessories to your room, like throw pillows, rugs, wall art, and décor. Accessories are the finishing touch that give your space personality.
- Set a budget and be sure to add a buffer in case something winds up costing more than you’d planned.
- Set a good timeline to complete your design project. You don’t want to rush yourself, but you also want to be sure you get the job done. Be realistic!
Congratulations! You have determined your décor style and scope of your design project. You have set your budget and have allowed yourself enough time. All that is left is to go shopping!
Help With Window Design in Brooklyn NY
Window Treats, Inc. is service-oriented business specializing in custom shades, blinds and draperies. We serve residential & commercial customers throughout New Jersey & New York, including Allenhurst, Brooklyn, Cherry Hill, Colts Neck, Deal, Eatontown, Elberon, Englewood, Fair Haven, Freehold, Holmdel, Little Silver, Locust, Long Branch, Manalapan, Manhattan, Marlboro, Middletown, Monmouth Beach, Monroe, New Brunswick, Oakhurst, Ocean Township, Rumson, Spring Lake, Teaneck. Contact us for a consultation!