Wood blinds complement the decor of any room and have always been a popular window covering. There are some draw-backs to real wood, though. Wood can warp in rooms with high moisture, and they’re not great for high-traffic areas. Considered an investment like a piece of fine furniture, wood blinds are at a higher end of the cost spectrum for window coverings. If you like the look of wood blinds, but want to mitigate some of the drawbacks, faux wood blinds are an excellent option. Window Treats, Inc., your Hunter Douglas Gallery dealer serving the Monmouth Beach area and customers throughout New Jersey and New York, can help you determine which blind — wood or faux — would work best in your home.
Similarities of Wood Blinds and Faux Blinds
Wood blinds and faux wood blinds have a lot in common. In addition to looking alike, they are constructed similarly using string ladders. Both are available in a variety of slat sizes with traditional lifting and tilting system. Many styles offer cordless or motorized lifting system for added safety and convenience.
Pros of Wood Blinds
The most obvious advantage of real wood blinds is that are made of real wood! This gives them the look, feel, and quality of real wood products.
- Available in 1 3/8”, 2” & 2 ½” slat sizes
- Available in numerous colors and stains
- Stained slats highlight natural grains
- 50% lighter than faux wood blinds which makes them easier to raise and lower
- Can be manufactured to accommodate larger windows
- Optional routless slat construction to eliminate light leakage
- Available with decorative tapes
- Perceived to have a more high-end look
Pros of Faux Wood Blinds
Durable and affordable, faux wood blinds give you the best of both worlds. They are typically made of PVC, PVC composite or wood and vinyl combination.
- Available in 2” slat size
- Available in different colors & stains
- Durable and slats usually bounce back and don’t warp
- Great for rooms with high moisture
- Built to not crack, chip, peel, warp or bowing
- Easy to clean with a wet cloth
- Less expensive than real wood
Faux wood blinds have their disadvantages, too. They are heavier than real wood, and have size limitations for large windows. Quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, and not as many upgrades are available.
Buy Wood or Faux Blinds in Monmouth Beach NJ
Window Treats, Inc. is service-oriented business specializing in custom shades, blinds and draperies. We serve residential & commercial customers throughout New Jersey & New York, including Allenhurst, Brooklyn, Cherry Hill, Colts Neck, Deal, Eatontown, Elberon, Englewood, Fair Haven, Freehold, Holmdel, Little Silver, Locust, Long Branch, Manalapan, Manhattan, Marlboro, Middletown, Monmouth Beach, Monroe, New Brunswick, Oakhurst, Ocean Township, Rumson, Spring Lake, Teaneck. Contact us for a consultation!