At Window Treats serving Holmdel, many of our customers often overlook the importance of choosing the right operating system when they shop for new window fashions. But really, the operating system can complete the entire window treatment experience—choose the right one, and you’ll love your new window fashions even more. That’s why many of our clients choose PowerView® Motorization, the cream of the crop when it comes to lift systems. Read on to learn more! [Read more…]
At Window Treats serving New York and New Jersey, one of our most popular window fashions is the Hunter Douglas Duette® Honeycomb Shade, which offers numerous benefits, including energy efficiency, beauty, and great functionality. And now, they offer even more, with the addition of the LightLock™ System, one of the latest innovations from Hunter Douglas. Read on to learn more, and speak with one of our representatives if you’d like to see it firsthand! [Read more…]
At Window Treats serving New York and New Jersey, we know that many of our customers enjoy receiving two benefits in one purchase. Which is why we’re happy to introduce them to Hunter Douglas innovations that do just that. In fact, Hunter Douglas has recently enhanced its Duolite® option, which gives people privacy and light-filtering benefits all in one. To learn more, read on, or contact one of our representatives today. [Read more…]
Like any major improvement of your home, window treatments are an investment. Hunter Douglas products are available at a price point you can afford, with a variety of features and styles that you choose based on your design preferences, functional needs, and budgetary requirements. And now, some of their products are even more affordable. So if you resolved to upgrade your home or to become more energy-efficient 2019, you’re in luck! Hunter Douglas is offering savings on some of its popular products—they can insulate at the window as well as change the look of the room entirely. Read on to learn more about the savings event, and speak with a specialist at Window Treats, Inc serving New Jersey for more details. [Read more…]
In a world that’s driven by technology, more homeowners and prospective home buyers want to see devices that support their digitally connected lifestyle. Convenience is key for us in 2019, so it’s no surprise that we’d want the services on which we rely to actually anticipate our needs and make our lives easier. That said, building a true smart home may not be an option for most people. But there’s a simple solution: add specific smart home features that can simplify your schedule. Whether you utilize these tools to keep your home feeling comfortable or to make your routine more enjoyable, most people will certainly find them appealing.
3 Smart Home Features to Improve Your Life in 2019
- Smart Thermostats: How much do you spend every year on heating and cooling? If you’re like most people, your answer may very well be “too much.” A substantial portion of your home’s energy usage can be attributed to heating and cooling, which isn’t ideal if you’re trying to save money or go green. You can accomplish both goals by updating your outdated thermostat to a smart one. Because you can program your thermostat to automatically adjust (and even change the settings from an app), you can maintain your comfort level and reduce energy waste without even thinking about it. Talk about smart.
- Motorized Blinds: Nearly 31 million U.S. residents lived in a household that purchased drapes, blinds, and other window treatments throughout 2016. While you might not think that curtains or blinds could make your home smarter, there are versions that add automated convenience. Motorized blinds, for example, can help you maximize your energy savings with very little effort. These automatic shades can be programmed on timers or manipulated with the press of a button. Some blinds with motorization also have built-in sensors that will make immediate adjustments if there’s too much sunlight coming in. Not only can this ensure your family is comfortable and happy, but it can also reduce energy usage and even improve the value of your home.
- Smart Appliances: You may already love the idea of having your own digital assistant or keeping your home safe with a smart security system. But what about smart appliances in your kitchen or in your laundry room? These internet-connected devices can be accessed via smartphone, meaning you don’t even have to be at home to check on your clothes in the washing machine or be in the room to notice your refrigerator door was left open. You’ll be able to save energy and increase control over your devices without having to run yourself ragged trying to be in five places at once. This way, you can get an alert when your dishwasher is done with its cycle or monitor the oven temperature from the bedroom. It’s truly an easier, less stressful way to live.
Want to learn more about how our motorized blinds can add convenience and value to your home (and to your life, in general)? Contact us today for further assistance.
There are so many colors to choose from when you decide to repaint your home and it can be daunting when trying to decide what color works best for your style. Color can set a tone, enhance mood, and make a house a home. Luckily, the Pantone Color Institute is here to help you with a little inspiration. Each year, the Pantone Color Institute names a Color of the Year, which is predicted by influences such as the entertainment industry and areas of design and will be on trend in the months to come. For ideas on ways to add this year’s color to your home, speak with a trained specialist at Window Treats, Inc serving Red Bank, NJ and surrounding areas. We’ll be happy to help you make a color change. [Read more…]
One of the most overlooked options when selecting window treatments is the operating systems. When you buy window coverings, you’re not just buying the product—you’re also buying the way it operates. All window coverings come with standard operating systems that could be the perfect solution for your needs, but you should be aware of the many choices available when you purchase Hunter Douglas products. If your windows are high and hard to reach, consider PowerView® Motorization. If you have children or just don’t like the look of cords, consider LiteRise®. To see them in action and to find out more about each system, speak with a trained consultant at Window Treats here in New Jersey today. [Read more…]
It is the new year and many of you are embarking on home improvements. Perhaps you are simply adding color or a trendy pattern to your room or you are beginning a complete remodel. Window treatments are important for any home update and shouldn’t be forgotten. Like any improvement for your home, window coverings can be a major investment. Hunter Douglas offers a complete catalog of blinds, shades, sheers, and shutters at a price point you can afford that are available in a variety of styles, colors, and features. Regardless of your plans, Window Treats serving New York, will be happy to give you some quick ideas for room updates. [Read more…]
Now that winter is here, the temperatures have begun to drop. Even if you don’t live in a snow-prone area, you’re likely cranking up the heat to ensure your home stays comfortable. Unfortunately, that can have major effects on your monthly energy bills — especially if you live in an older home. Because windows and doors account for nearly one-third of your home’s total thermal loss, these spots are the first ones you should evaluate. You could replace your windows, of course, or invest in better interior insulation. But there are also some quick fixes that can be highly effective. If you aren’t up for a major home renovation but want to minimize the draftiness throughout your house (and your high energy bills), here are some easy ways to amp up your insulation.
- Apply Window Film: Apartment dwellers and homeowners alike may be familiar with this simple project. Insulating window film sticks directly to the window pane to act as an extra barrier. It’s important to note that after you apply the film, the pane won’t be as transparent. It may not be an option in certain spaces, particularly if the look of the film bothers you. Used in conjunction with other methods on this list, it can make a rather significant difference.
- Add Weather Stripping: You can buy weatherstripping at virtually any home improvement store and easily install it to block out any drafts and leaks you’ll find. You should use weatherstrips in the sash of your window (the middle frame component with the locks). You can also use rope caulk around the edges to plug larger gaps.
- Use Thermal Curtains: Window treatments can be a great way to quickly add some extra insulation. Insulated thermal curtains will keep the heat inside and the cold outside. Even opting for curtains in a darker, heavier fabric will help. Just make sure to let as much light in as possible during the daytime and close them when the sun starts to go down to maximize this natural heat source.
- Opt For Cellular Shades: When you choose blinds for windows in your home, you won’t want to go with a basic model. Cellular shades, with their signature honeycomb shape, are designed to use air to your advantage. They actually act like a down comforter or warm quilt, insulating your windows and keeping the cold air away from your family.
- Install Motorized Blinds: Whether or not you like cellular shades, you can make a difference by utilizing motorization. Motorized blinds for windows will automatically adjust the amount of light that comes in or out at a certain time or day without you ever having to lift a finger. This will make energy efficiency a breeze and will instantly optimize the amount of natural heat in your home. As a plus, motorized blinds for windows are also safer and convenient — and who doesn’t want that?
You might assume that adding insulation will require a huge renovation, but it’s actually much easier than you think to add an extra barrier or two. By following these tips, you can make your home more comfortable within a day (or a few hours!) and keep it that way all winter long.
Elegant fabrics can bring texture, color, and beauty to any home. Silk is a timeless fabric that screams style and tops the list of elegant fabrics. For more than 2,000 years, the Chinese kept the secret of silk to themselves. However, for the last 30 years, the world’s silk production has approximately doubled and is woven into the stunning textiles. Silk is also being used for upholstery, wall coverings, rugs, bedding, wall hangings, and even window treatments. If you want to add a little elegance to your home, bring in a touch of silk. For ideas on how to add silk to your home, speak with a trained consultant at Window Treats serving the New Jersey area. We’ll be happy to help! [Read more…]